[Mailman-Users] Not receive email when posting to list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 24 02:28:56 CET 2006

Jana Nguyen wrote:

>Hmm, I'm using postfix not sendmail.  In the Build and install mailman
>documentation it does not say that mailman wrapper needs
>to be integrated with postfix.  But in the FAQ it is not clear if I need
>to use mailman wrapper with smrsh, I thought it is only with sendmail?

Your concern with smrsh is misguided. I have just tried to clarify the
FAQ a bit, but if you are not using smrsh (Sendmail Restricted SHell -
only applies to sendmail), that is a good thing, not a bad thing as
far as Sendmail/Mailman integration is concerned.

I am not clear from your earlier posts if any mail at all gets to
Mailman. You say people can subscribe, and you get notices. Can people
subscribe by email or only by the web.

When you try to post, do you get an undeliverable notice from Postfix?
What's in the Postfix log.

Is there anything piling up in qfiles/in? Are mailmanctl and all eight
qrunners running (step 1 in FAQ 3.14)? Clearly some runners are
running because you get a subscription confirmation.

You never said clearly that the address you were posting from was
actually subscribed to the list.

I also never asked if anyone could successfully post. Can anyone post?
I.e., is this a working list except for you?