[Mailman-Users] Error - traceback

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 21 19:53:25 CET 2006

Jewel wrote:

>I keep receiving this error and cannot determine why.  Can someone help me?
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
>    qrunner.run()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 70, in run
>    filecnt = self._oneloop()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 99, in _oneloop
>    msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 143, in
>dequeue
>    fp = open(filename)
>IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>'/usr/local/mailman/qfiles/bounces/11429604
>     39.447984+fc08b5ba5bce8de3f6f63c1227ee942197f02e0d.pck'

The most likely cause of this is more than one qrunner processing the
same slice of the same queue. This usually results from someone or
some script doing

bin/mailmanctl -s start

when Mailman is already running.

You need to stop all Mailman processes and then start Mailman once only.

First, as root, do

bin/mailmanctl stop

Then do

ps -fAww |grep python

or however you spell that for your system to see what Mailman processes
are still running. If you see a mailmanctl process, send it SIGTERM
with

kill -TERM <pid>

where <pid> is its pid from the ps output. Do this until there are no
more mailmanctl processes. At this point, if there are any qrunner
processes left, do the same for them until there are no Mailman
processes running at all. Then do

bin/mailmanctl start