[Mailman-Users] No mail going out to list members

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 21 05:04:58 CET 2006

Michael Rainey wrote:

>However on closer look at mail log I find for malfunctioning list:
>sendmail[1824]: k2KKr0dL001820: to="|/var/mailman/mail/mailman request
>My2ndListName", ctladdr=<My2ndListName-request at Domain.name> (8/0),
>delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=32372, dsn=2.0.0,
>stat=Sent
>
>WHERE <<My2ndListName-request at Domain.name> COULD BE CULPRIT AS SHOULD IT NOT
>BE <My2ndListNamet at Domain.name> WITHOUT "-REQUEST"?

Not necessarily. All that says is a message was sent to the -request
address - maybe a subscribe or unsubscribe request.

>If that is it, where does <My2ndListName-request at Domain.name> reside that I
>might correct it?

Suppose you send a blank message with subject of HELP to
My2ndListName-request at Domain.name. Do you get a reply to that?

Even if your post attempts were somehow invisibly redirected to the
My2ndListName-request at Domain.name address, you should get a reply.

What is in your Mailman logs?

grep -i my2ndlistname /etc/aliases

show?

What does the same grep show in your maillog?