[Mailman-Users] A wee bit of help

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 21 03:38:39 CET 2006

Dave Filchak wrote:

>I am trying to set the list so that it is in the form of
>list at somedomain.com. This domain is a domain that we host both web and
>mail for. However, I can see an issue with this in that if I send an
>email to the list using list at somedomain.com, the email will go to my
>main mail server which does not have this list on it, nor does it have
>the user list or list-bounces, nor any of the other required users for
>the list to operate properly.  I have all the required aliases on my
>secondary mail server but do I need some sort of alias in my file on the
>main mail server to point these emails back to the secondary server?

Yes.

>get a user unknown error for the user lists and of course lists-bounce
>when I send an email to it. By the way, I am also trying to set this up
>as a one way or newsletter list. If I send an email to
>lists at actualhostname.com, I get a "Sorry, only the site administrator
>can post to this list." which means I am communicating with the new
>list, although I should not be getting this message as the email I sent
>it through is in the admin list on Mailman.

This is your member_moderation_notice or nonmember_rejection_notice,
right? You probably should be getting it. See my post on this subject
from earlier today at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-March/050053.html>.
The same things apply to owner addresses as to moderator addresses.