[Mailman-Users] No mail going out to list members

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 21 02:46:06 CET 2006

Michael Rainey wrote:

>Mailman 2.1.4
>
>I have looked at 3.14. Troubleshooting: No mail going out to lists members
>but most if it I do not understand, sorry.
>
>I have two lists,
>Ist list  is not moderated, all working OK
>2nd list is one way announcement, no mail going out except notifications
>(subscribe, unsubscribe, bounces) which are OK

So what's with 'bounces' if no posts are going out, what's getting
returned to the list-bounces address, or do you mean attempted posts
being rejected (bounced back to the sender)?

>To attempt to make up for my lack of knowledge re FAQ 3.14
>
>I have looked in my mail log
>
>For 1st list which is OK  for successful use this date I find:
>sendmail[3924]: k2L070dX003912: to="|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post
>MyListName", ctladdr=<My1stListName at Domain.name> (8/0), delay=00:00:01,
>xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=40321, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
>

>For 2nd list which is not OK I find lots of My2ndListName bounces but
>nothing showing sendmail to My2ndListName as above.

So sendmail is bouncing posts back as undeliverable? do you have
sendmail aliases for the various My2ndListName addresses as in item 2)
of the FAQ?

>I am unsuccessful with 2nd list regardless of whether I use password or mod
>flag off for myself.

What happens to your post attempt? Does it evaporate? Is it returned to
you? If returned, what does the return say?