[Mailman-Users] Forged from headers and non existent lists

stupidmail4me stupidmail4me at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 21:13:58 CET 2006

You're right. That's a good question. Why is mailman
receiving these messages?

Here's the message that gets sent back:
Your mail for blah at lists.foo.com could not be sent:
	no list named "blah" is known by lists.foo.com

For a list of publicly-advertised mailing lists hosted
on this server,
visit this URL:
	http://lists.foo.com/

If this does not resolve your problem, you may write
to:
	postmaster at lists.foo.com
or
	mailman-owner at lists.foo.com

lists.foo.com delivers e-mail to registered mailing
lists
and to the administrative addresses defined and
required by IETF
Request for Comments (RFC) 2142 [1].

Personal e-mail addresses are not offered by this
server.

The Internet Engineering Task Force [2] (IETF)
oversees the development
of open standards for the Internet community,
including the protocols
and formats employed by Internet mail systems.

For your convenience, your original mail is attached.

[1] Crocker, D. "Mailbox Names for Common Services,
Roles and
    Functions".  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2142.txt

[2] http://www.ietf.org/

What can I change so that nothing gets sent?

--- Hans Ulrich Niedermann <hun at n-dimensional.de>