[Mailman-Users] Admin email on errors?

Kurt Werle kwerle at pobox.com
Fri Mar 17 18:56:32 CET 2006

I have twice got the following error:
---
Mar 14 22:41:58 2006 mailmanctl(54): The master qrunner lock could not be
acquired.  It appears as though there is
a stale master qrunner lock.  Try re-running mailmanctl with the -s flag.
Mar 14 22:41:58 2006 mailmanctl(54):
Mar 14 22:56:02 2006 mailmanctl(48): The master qrunner lock could not be
acquired, because it appears as if some
process on some other host may have acquired it.  We can't test for stale
locks across host boundaries, so you'll have to do this manually.  Or, if you
know the lock is stale, re-run mailmanctl with the -s flag.
---

and I can live with that.  What is a drag is the fact that it takes a user
telling me "hey, why isn't list mail going out?" to find out that mailman
has stopped processing.

I don't see anywhere in the docs that mailman will send mail to the site
admin in the event of a catastrophic error.  Am I missing it?  Has anyone
hacked it in?  Do I have to write a cron job that will poll the process
list to see if mailman is still running?  Has anyone written that already?

TIA,
Kurt
kwerle at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~kwerle/
Tired of spam? Control your Mailserver (or .forward)?
http://tess.sf.net