[Mailman-Users] Totally unmoderated user???

Daniel Hawker Daniel.Hawker at animal.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 16:22:55 CET 2006

On 3/16/06, Daniel Hawker <Daniel.Hawker at animal.co.uk> wrote:
> I have naturally set a limit to which all posts are limited by
> post-size (in my case about 50k). This works fine and any messages
> sent to the list that are above the limit, are held for moderation.
How, exactly, have you accomplished this?

--
- Patrick Bogen

Hi Patrick,

Ummm, I'm not sure. I only manage 3 very low traffic mailman lists and
as such am not that knowledgeable, but please find below (what I hink
are) the salient prefs.

I configured the system a while back, but now as its becoming more busy
(traffic-wise) it'd be useful if some members could almost
self-moderate, but transparently without their or my intervention.

## Configs ##

Set a limit for the message size ppl are allowed to post
(General Options -> Maximum length in kilobytes of a message body) I've
just checked, in my instance it's set to 40.

I've then set the sending filter to not moderate new member postings,
and to hold moderated member posts.
(Privacy Options -> Sender Filters -> By default, should new list member
postings be moderated - No)
(Privacy Options -> Sender Filters -> Action to take when a moderated
member posts to the list - Hold)

All my members moderation bits are set to Off
(Membership Management -> Membership List -> Additional Member Tasks ->
Set everyones moderation bit... - Off)

Think thats it. To be honest, I can't believe anything apart from the
limit and moderation bit actually does anything that would affect a
standard post from a member. All non-member postings are sent for
moderation also, just in case a member sends something by accident from
a different email address than they are subscribed with.

HTH

Dan