[Mailman-Users] mischief: Login failure with private rosters

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 06:36:07 CET 2006

Hi all,

I keep seeing "Login failure with private rosters" errors in my mischief
logs.  Some are accepted as being valid, but others seem to be unrelated
to private archives and more likely to be failure to login to
unsubscribe or change options.  I haven't directly asked any of the
users, however I have some inside knowledge on what a few of the users
are doing since I know their email addresses are changing.  That
knowledge, coupled with the fact that their particular list only has
public archives, makes me believe there may be an error in the log
message in Mailman v2.1.7.  The mischief logs don't identify which list
the login failure occurs with, so it is difficult to know for sure.  Has
anyone else experienced similar?

-Jim P.