[Mailman-Users] renaming lists

Dave Stern dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Mar 13 19:49:28 CET 2006

We have a number of departments with similarly-sounding lists as well as
some that replicate others. To streamline and simplify, I intend to rename
some lists. The FAQ describe how to move and redirect lists but this isn't
quite what I want. In some cases, some lists will swap names (ie ListX
is renamed to ListY and ListY is renamed to listX so web redirect wont
work. OTOH, it's not an issue since the web interface is just used by
the few list admins who've already agreed to new names, web paths, perhaps
even resetting their admin passwords). Also none of the  lists have
archives.

With that in mind, I'm hoping I can just swap their config.pck files
(after turning off sendmail and qrunner).  Is this doable?

Thanks

  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies