[Mailman-Users] Posting with sending ID concealed

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 7 03:48:26 CET 2006

Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:

>I operate a mailing list to issues updates and information to my patients.
>The list is fully moderated, disallowing anyone to post without review.
>
>Occasionally, I get some patients who respond back to something I send, and
>I want to post their response, but I'd like to have it post with the
>identity of the original poster concealed.
>
>Is this possible?

There are at least two ways to do this. If you make the list anonymous,
(anonymous_list = Yes on the General Options page) you can approve the
post (assuming it was held for approval) and information identifying
the user in message headers will be removed, and the From: will be
from the list and not the user. This won't remove any identifying
material such as a signature from the body of the message however.

Alternatively, you can just forward the reply back to the list, editing
it as necessary to remove any identifying information. This may be
preferable for other reasons as you can also add your own note as to
why you think the information in the reply is of interest and remove
anything that might not be relevant.