[Mailman-Users] Mailman stopped passing messages and new listsdon't appear

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 6 21:34:42 CET 2006

Andrew Steele wrote:

>All was well last Friday, but by today, Monday, I find the following
>symptoms:
>
>1.  No messages sent to any list are distributed.
>
>2.  New lists can be created from within the linux shell and appear to be
>correctly configured.

Can you access their listinfo and admin pages directly?

>3.  New lists created in the shell do not appear in the admin or listinfo
>pages in a web browser.

Are the lists 'advertised'? If so, and if their web pages can be
accessed directly, this is probably a virtual hosts issue. I.e., the
host portion of the list's web_page_url attribute doesn't match the
host portion of the URL you are using to access the admin or listinfo
overview pages.

>Since was well previously I'm considering that the problem has arisen as
>a result of difficulties at our ISP.  However, they are proving
>unresponsive at this point so I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a
>course of action to diagnose the problem and then apply whatever solution
>necessary.

Are these lists hosted at the ISP? Can you see Mailman's logs? Can you
do 'ps' to see if the qrunners are running?