[Mailman-Users] gating to newsgroup

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 4 05:16:08 CET 2006

Patrick Siglin wrote:

>where do I check for this? /usr/lib/mailman/cron or does this actually go
>into like /etc/cron.daily?

Assuming /usr/lib/mailman is your installation directory,
/usr/lib/mailman/cron has the actual scripts and a crontab.in which is
meant as the default to install.

Depending on how your Mailman was installed, the actual crontab may be
mailman's crontab (usually, /var/spool/cron/mailman) which can be
listed by

crontab -u mailman -l

or if your crontab doesn't have a -u option

su - mailman
crontab -l

Or, the crontab may be in a subdirectory of /etc/cron.d in which case
it has to be listed or edited directly.

>under /usr/lib/mailman/cron
>there is an entry in crontab.in that shows gate_news for every 5 mins. I know
>messages are getting out but I have yet to see something come in from a
>newsgroup to the list.

As I said above, this is just the default to install. The one in this
directory is not actually used.