[Mailman-Users] simple?problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 3 02:51:39 CET 2006

Bob Bales wrote:

>> Can you do 'bin/dumpdb lists/<listname>/request.pck'? If so, what does
>> it show? What does it show for the other <listname> directories?
>
>Please give me further inructions on how to do this?

If you can log in to a command shell or in some other way (via a
control panel) execute commands on the Mailman server machine, you do
the following commands assuming Mailman is installed in the default
location:

cd /usr/local/mailman

ls lists/
(returns all the listnames, for example list1, list2)

bin/dumpdb lists/list1/request.pck
(returns a somewhat readable list of requests)

similarly for list2.

note that the installation directory may be different from
/usr/local/mailman and the bin/ and lists/ directories may not be
sub-directories of the same directory either, all depending on how
Mailman was installed.

If you don't understand this, then you probably can't do it anyway. If
your lists are locally hosted, you might be able to enlist the help of
a local sysadmin. If they are hosted elsewhere, you'll probably have
to get people at the host to do it.

One other command you might try is

find / -name request.pck

which will return the full paths of all request.pck files on the
system. This will tell you whether or not there are any you aren't
aware of.