[Mailman-Users] simple?problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 2 06:36:20 CET 2006

Bob Bales wrote:

>We keep having an issue pop up. A non-member of our net tried to post. The
>moderator went in and disallowed his post. Now everyday we get the same
>message that there is a post made by this person that needs attention. When
>we go into the control panel it says that there are no actions that need to
>be taken.

Do you have more that one Mailman instance on your server? Did you
upgrade at some point and change the locations of things?

You are getting this daily message because a cron/checkdbs job is
running (presumably as it should) and is finding this request in a
lists/<listname>/request.pck file, but when you go the the admindb
interface (if that's what you mean), it doesn't find the request in
lists/<listname>/request.pck.

Normally this means there is more than one lists/ directory and the
cron/checkdbs job is looking at one and the admindb interface is
looking at another.

Of course, if by "the control panel" you mean some cPanel or similar
thing and not the Mailman admindb web interface, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.