[Mailman-Users] Bounce issues with Yahoo

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 2 03:09:37 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:39:55PM -0500, Jonathan Dill wrote:

> I find a lot of stuff by Googling "VS5-MF Excessive unknown recipients",
> apparently Yahoo may be doing something that is not RFC-compliant, so
> your MTA doesn't know that it should stop trying to resend the message:

Interesting forum posting -- since it's from June 2005, doesn't look
like this will be resolved any time soon.

I'm leaning towards greylisting with postgrey, it looks like it's a
lot cheaper than the cpu power needed to run all that spam through
spamassassin.

BTW, "discard_these_nonmembers" looks like it does exactly what I
originally asked for. Doh!

-- g