[Mailman-Users] Web interface to Mailman list (read, reply, post...)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Mar 1 02:17:35 CET 2006

At 3:27 PM -0800 2006-02-27, Tom Jennings wrote:

>  I realize that MM doesn't contain such a thing, I was hoping someone
>  would know of an external package that does this.
>
>  I was hoping I was just being an idiot and overlooking an obvious
>  package; that's the easiest thing to fix.

	Mailman was never intended to be a webmail system.  It was never
intended to be a web forum system.  However, there are some patches
floating around that you could use to integrate Mailman with a number
of different web forum systems, if you have users that would prefer
that method.

	Integrating with a webmail system would probably be a bit more
work, since there's really not much on the Mailman side of things to
be done -- it's mostly just setting up a webmail server and giving
people a way to sign up for accounts, then giving them a way to use
those accounts to send e-mail to the mailing lists you host -- which
could just as easily be on a totally different machine.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755