[Mailman-Users] Custom footer based on sender's email

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 30 02:13:27 CEST 2006

Rob Jackson wrote:

>Due to a change in the Message board, the messages come through as
>multipart/mixed.
>
>If I try to run this in the multipart/mixed section of Decorate.py, I get:
>
>TypeError: expected string or buffer.

Not surprising, since the payload of a multipart message is not the
textual contents of the message; it is a list of message objects each
of which is one of the sub-parts of the message.

>What needs to be done to make this work properly?

It depends on what the incoming message looks like and what you want
the result to be. Perhaps the description of the walk() method (and
the other message methods) at
<http://docs.python.org/lib/module-email.Message.html> will help.