[Mailman-Users] Memory optimization

Fabiano Breves fabiano.breves at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 15:06:28 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

I will not answer your question. I'm just adding some of my limited with
mailman and postfix experience e asking more questions to list folks.

I am running a postfix/mailman installation for like almost 4 months now. I
have an AMD Athlon 64 / 1Gb RAM / 80Gb Hd.

My mailman has an announce-list with 55K subscribers. This list is
distributed once or twice a week. Even when the list is not active mailman
processes get something like 80% of RAM. I think (maybe I'm wrong) it can be
improved but I'm searching a lot about this and still don't have a clue how
to optmize mailman's memory use. My subscribers are complaining about the
poor performance when they want to do a subscription or unsubscription to
the list via web interface.

I'm writting this comments because would like to share this experience with
you and all list's members so they can report their own cases and their
solutions so we can think over them.

thanks for your time and sorry I don't have an answer for you.