[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.8 with sendmail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 28 17:20:19 CEST 2006

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

>I rebuild Mailman 2.1.8 and referred
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp
>for all the check points, I have two issues now
>
>1) Not getting "Welcome to the Test Mailing List"

Perhaps your Privacy options...->Subscription rules->subscribe_policy
is set to Confirm and approve so that subscription requires moderator
approval.

>2)when I send mails from kaushalshriyan at gmail.com to test at mydomain.com I get
>
>Your mail to 'Test' with the subject
>
>   Test Mail
>
>Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>
>The reason it is being held:
>
>   Post by non-member to a members-only list

Everything is working normally except you are not a member of the list.
Go to the web admindb interface for the list
<http://example.com/mailman/admindb/test/> or something similar, and
see what requests are waiting.