[Mailman-Users] archive can't display gb2312 encode mail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 27 23:22:01 CEST 2006

huang mingyou wrote:

>        I use the mailman 2.1.8 , and the mail archive is pipermail
>0.09,OS is Debian sarge,python Verizon is 2.3 .
>        When I look the mail list archive in web,the gb2312 mail can't
>display correct,but the utf-8 can display . what's wrong,and how to
>resolve it.  please help me!

Is this a case of the web server adding its own Content-Type: header
with an incompatible character set. The installation manual suggests
the following for Apache (your path may be different)

    <Directory "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/">
        AddDefaultCharset Off
    </Directory>

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html>.