[Mailman-Users] Pipermail directs to http instead of https?

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Tue Jun 27 18:56:54 CEST 2006

Patrick/List,

I think the person who administered the box before me installed Mailman
incorrectly.  But, complaining about their incompetency isn't gonna fix
my problem.  The fix_url script removes it from the listinfo page.  I
had to manually reset the proper address....a result of the
aforementioned person's installation snafu.  I can't see having
RedirectPermanent being a good solution...many servers limit the number
of redirections, and I know that Firefox and IE will suffer from
redirection limits as well...there is extensive documentation of this
resulting from a simple Google search.

Also, someone suggested:

Don't you also need to set PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL as well?

Something like this is what I've done in the past, but it's been
a while since I  setup an installation using SSL that had archiving
enabled.

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'https://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

I would hope I wouldn't have to do that for every list.  I think I'm
just going to copy the Alias line for pipermail to the non-https
virtualhost container.  If there are any other good suggestions, let me
know.

Thanks,
Ryan