[Mailman-Users] migrating form majordomo question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 26 18:48:46 CEST 2006

Uthra Rao wrote:

>How are the mailing list emails stored in Mailman are they stored in a text
>file or in a database?

If you don't have a custom member adaptor, they are stored as part of
the Python pickle that stores all the list information -
lists/listname/config.pck

>How can I look at it from the command line? We have
>to migrate all our mailing lists from Majordomo to Mailman. I was thinking
>to create new mailing list and then copy/paste all the member email
>addresses from majordomo to Mailman if it is a text file. Could you please
>advice me on this. I would really appreciate your help

Use the admin Membership Management...->Mass Subscription interface to
upload (or paste) a plain text file. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.044.htp>
for formats - one name<address> per line.