[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.8 with sendmail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 26 17:23:24 CEST 2006

Kaushal Shriyanwrote:

>On 6/25/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>>
>> More specifically, are you subscribing by web or email? Are you
>> confirming by web or email? After you confirm, is the address
>> subscribed even though you don't get the welcome?
>>
>> In other words, Is the problem that email doesn't get to Mailman at all
>> or is it something else?
>
>I am subscribing the emailid's using the web interface, I have noticed
>one thing in
>the Mailman(2.1.8) logs/subscribe, It says pending :(
>
>Jun 24 20:33:20 2006 (15107) test: pending Kaushal Shriyan
><kaushal at mydomain.com>  127.0.0.1
<snip>

These log entries were made when the confirmation was sent to you.

>Please let me know whether you need more info on this issue,

I'm guessing at this point that no mail is being successfully delivered
to Mailman. Have you installed aliases in sendmail's alias file and
run 'newalias'?

Try confirming via web. Does that work?

When you reply to the confirmation by email, do you get any kind of
response - an undeliverable notice? What's in the sendmail logs?