[Mailman-Users] cannot rebuild archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 23 23:07:56 CEST 2006

Jeff DeReus wrote:

>On 6/23/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>>
>> cat archives/private/<listname>/index.html
>>
>> is there an entry for June 2006?
>>

>Actually there is not.   which seems odd since the arch script tells me that
>> it is creating the html.
>>

>If you do
>>
>> ls -l archives/private/<listname>/2006-June/
>>
>> do you see the nnnnnn.html files and the author.html, date.html,
>> subject.html and thread.html files and the index.html symlink?
>

>well since the 2006-June doesn't exist (which I am sure it did yesterday as
>odd as that sounds)  i can't see it.

I'm guessing that you must have archives/private/* structure in two
different places on your server, an old one and a new one and both you
and your web server are looking (today) at the old one.

Is this problem list's archive public and if so, are you visiting it
via something like http:/www.example.com/pipermail/listname/?

If so, what happens if you go to something like
http:/www.example.com/mailman/private/listname/ and log in? If this
too is missing June, then what else is different between this list an
the ones that work?