[Mailman-Users] Making mailman stops send a list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 21 16:18:54 CEST 2006

Fabiano Breves wrote:

>I was thinking about a situation when you send a msg to a announce list and
>realizes that something is wrong. How can I make mailman stop sending the
>e-mails ???

Unless your list has many thousands of members, by the time you realize
there is a problem, Mailman has probably finished delivering to the
outgoing MTA, and there is nothing you can do in Mailman to abort
delivery. This would have to be addressed in the outgoing MTA,
assuming it is not also finished.