[Mailman-Users] Cpanel mailing lists no longer working

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jun 21 02:00:42 CEST 2006

At 11:26 PM +0100 2006-06-20, Farid Haibatan wrote:

>  Basically, my mailing lists are no longer working. Any
>  mails sent are not delivered nor archived and users or
>  the administrator do not receive any error messages
>  either...not sure what has happened.

	Please see FAQ 6.11 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

>  The mailman lists are created in cPanel and have been
>  working fine and some are more than 8 months old.
>  I created a new one today and tested it..I put myself
>  down as a member)...posted to it and same result.
>  Any help?

	Any time you have problems like this, the first thing you need to
do is to look at the log files to see what is being reported.  The
problem is that, as a cPanel hosted list, you don't have access to
those log files -- only your provider does.  The cPanel folks might
also be able to help -- see the FAQ referenced above.

	You can try the "troubleshooting" tips laid out in FAQ 3.14 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>,
but you're not going to be able to do all of these things, because
your lists are hosted through cPanel.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755