[Mailman-Users] marketing software frontend for mailman ?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Jun 19 18:03:21 CEST 2006

At 11:32 PM +1000 2006-06-19, electroteque wrote:

>>>   Hi there, I was wondering if there is such a thing as marketing
>>>   software which frontends to mailman for statically reporting, click
>>>   throughs etc ? Mailman is a wonderful package for mass mailing, however
>>>   these kind of features would also be nice. Let me know thanks.
>>
>>  	See FAQ 1.30.
>
>  Already seen it, this is system stats related and has nothing to do with
>  click throughs, views, graphing or anything marketing at all :P

	The complete lack of anything in that entry related to marketing
should be a hint.  The complete lack of any hits anywhere in the FAQ
related to marketing should be another hint.

	However, I have updated this entry to suit.

>  It was a specific question if there are marketing software vendors
>  using mailman as a backend layer, a proper answer would be nice.

	I'm not aware of anyone doing anything remotely related to
marketing with regards to Mailman.  I'm sure that there are people
who are using Mailman to send out marketing-related messages (see
FAQs 3.18 and 3.37), but that's a totally different matter.

	I would imagine that a bit of time spent searching the archives
(in accordance with FAQ 1.18, 1.22, and 1.23) should probably have
demonstrated this fact, but maybe not.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755