[Mailman-Users] mailman problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 19 18:09:23 CEST 2006

Uthra Rao wrote:

>I have configured mailman on a linux (fedora core 4) machine and set up a
>mailing list. I have 4 users subscribed to this mailing list. I am the
>owner of this list and when I send a test messages to this list, the users
>are not getting the test email but I am getting one. As list admin my email
>is different from the email I have as a subscriber. It is working for me
>but not for others?

Are you getting the post as a subscriber or an owner notification at
the owner address?

>I also I noticed that "/usr/lib/mailman/archives/public" directory is empty.

Does your list have public archives? If not, the directory should be
empty. In any case, it contains only symlinks to things in the
archives/private/ directory.

>I think I have two cron jobs running one  in /var/spool/cron/mailman and
>another one in /etc/cron.d/mailman

You should have only one. Our standard install instructions tell you to
install cron/crontab.in using crontab as the mailman user. This puts
it in /var/spool/cron/mailman. RedHat rpms install a slightly
different crontab (contatining userid) in /etc/cron.d/mailman. You
want one ot the other, not both.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.