[Mailman-Users] problem with messages being held for moderatorapproval

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 19 16:51:49 CEST 2006

Josh Greenberg wrote:

>I am having a problem with messages being held that should be allowed
>through. The problem is always when people send to a list that has a
>list as a member. In other words, a user sends an e-mail to list A. List
>B is a member of list A so the message goes to list B as well. When the
>message gets to list B, it gets held for moderator approval even though
>the user and the list itself (listA at domain.com) are both on the Sender
>filters list. How can I get these messages to go through automatically?

I'm guessing, because you don't say, that the messages are held for
"implicit destination". See Recipient filters for listB and either
turn off require_explicit_destination or add listA's address to
acceptable_aliases.

Also, adding listA at domain.com to accept_these_nonmembers is probably
not effective (unless listA is anonymous). If the poster is in
accept_these_nonmembers, that's probably enough, otherwise you may
have to add listA-bounces at domain.com to accept_these_nonmembers and
either set USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes in mm_cfg.py or subscribe
listA-bounces at domain.com to listB with delivery disabled.

There is also a patch at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1220144&group_id=103&atid=300103>
that would allow putting '@listA' in listB's accept_these_nonmembers
to allow all members of ListA to post to listB if that is desired.