[Mailman-Users] Errors after upgrade via up2date to 2.1.5

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jun 17 23:11:43 CEST 2006

Scott Thomson wrote:

>This is the bounce message we're getting by the way:
>
>The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>
>      ga-stream at lists.uua.org on 6/16/2006 5:28 PM
>            The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not
>report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.  If it still
>fails, contact your system administrator.
>            < sb1.uua.org #5.0.0 X-Unix; 1>

That's consistent with the traceback in your original post. The
traceback showed that the 'owner' script which would have been trying
to store a message to somelist-owner at ... could not create the queue
entry in the qfiles/in/ directory. It died and the wrapper reported
this back to the MTA.

Your original post showed that the message was shunted:

Jun 17 03:53:02 2006 (27701) SHUNTING:
1150530781.4040949+b05e0d8630edf39d7052ae94e9689917b1edabdf

Is there a file named
1150530781.4040949+b05e0d8630edf39d7052ae94e9689917b1edabdf
.pck in qfiles/shunt?

Also, as I look more closely at the original traceback, it is unusual
in that entries usually only have the pid and yours say 'mailowner
(pid)', and I don't know what 'mailowner' is.

What do your sendmail aliases for Mailman look like? Normally, they all
pipe to /var/mailman/mail/mailman with different arguments. Do yours
pipe to other commands like maybe /var/mailman/mail/mailowner? If so,
is the file(s) group Mailman and SETGID?