[Mailman-Users] Errors after upgrade via up2date to 2.1.5

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jun 17 21:59:08 CEST 2006

Scott Thomson wrote:

>Thanks for the ideas, now I feel like I'm getting closer to the issue.
>
>check_perms came up clean, all the files in the in dir match these
>permissions.
>
>2302ff99d3a89dc936c9e66497cb08201f0.pck
>-rw-rw----    1 mail     mailman     10043 Jun 17 14:08
>1150567685.345078+9eff67
>
>/var/mailman/qfiles//in looks like this:
>
>drwxrws---    2 root     mailman     16384 Jun 17 14:54 in
>
>Should that be owned by root or by mailman like everything else in that
>directory?  The virgin directory is also owned by root.

Sometimes the owner is root and sometimes mailman depending on just how
it was created. It's not important. The group is the important thing.
It should always be mailman and /var/mailman/mail/mailman and all the
files in /var/mailman/cgi-bin should be group mailman and SETGID.
check_perms would have caught any problems here.

Are you running SeLinux or anything else that would impose additional
access controls?