[Mailman-Users] new users get welcome e-mails but posts aren'tgoing out

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Fri Jun 16 05:38:21 CEST 2006

On 6/15/06 10:13 PM, Peter Tattersall at ptatters at zerobyzero.ca wrote:

> On 15-Jun-06, at 10:28 PM, Larry Stone wrote:
>> Not so fast. I have postfix running on my Macintosh and my output of
>> netstat
>> -ln -p tcp shows nothing for port 25.
>>

> I have the identical setup. netstat -ln -p tcp doesn't show sockets. Try
>      netstat -al -p tcp
> which will does.

Thanks. That -a does make the difference. From the man page:
-a    With the default display, show the state of all sockets; normally
           sockets used by server processes are not shown.

> How did you set up postfix? Do you have the mailman alias setup? If you
> are using postfix enabler, you should have something like
>      alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases,
> hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
> entered under Custom Postfix properties in the Mail Server pane.

I know we're getting a little far from mailman so I'll keep this short.
While I used Postfix Enabler to get Postfix set up, once set up, I started
editing the /etc/postfix/main.cf file directly. Somewhere along the way,
something I added started causing Postfix Enabler to crash when reading the
current configuration. But once Postfix Enabler has the initial setup done,
there's really no reason to use it to make changes as it won't help you with
anything that goes in the Custom section and that's where all the good stuff
goes.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com