[Mailman-Users] problems in posting to a list

Harold Goldstein mdbiker at goldray.com
Wed Jun 14 23:18:54 CEST 2006

i am an administrator (but i didn't install it nor do i have access to the
server) of an announcement only mailing list.

despite having 3 addresses listed as administrator and moderator, we have
only been able to use one address to post. that was ok till last week when
we were subject to a spoofing attack appearing to come from that address.

i removed that address, having forgotten about the problem in posting from
the others. now i cannot post to the list at all even though i returned the
removed address.

for each i get back a "this is an announcement list - send your email to
xxxx for posting" and now even xxxx cannot post.

so the problem is that even though listed as admin/mod i cannot post.
(i can get around this by holding posts and then approving them but i'd
rather post directly)

thanks

                                                               harold ...