[Mailman-Users] Throttling output

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jun 14 21:52:35 CEST 2006

At 3:02 PM -0400 2006-06-14, Steve Campbell wrote:

>  2.   Disable the mailman executable from delivering the outgoing mail, but
>  create them in the queue (sort of a sendmail queueonly option). I'm not sure
>  this one is possible, and will kill the entire scheme if not. I see a lot of
>  possible ways this can be done, but I'm not a python programmer yet, so I
>  hope this is do-able.

	This is an MTA configuration issue.  There's nothing here to
"fix" within Mailman.

>  5.   Move all of this to it's own server.

	That's a pretty big point.  Mailing list servers should not be
dependent on the normal mail servers, and vice-versa.

	In fact, I suspect that once you move the mailing list handling
onto a separate server, all the need for any kind of throttling will
go away completely.

>  Number 2 above is the killer, as I'm not sure if the sendmail alias/piped
>  command would control this, an option in the Mailman configs, or what.

	It's an issue that should be easy enough to fix through modifying
the configuration file.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755