[Mailman-Users] Help: spam filtering and email bouncing

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 14 02:47:25 CEST 2006

Kinson Liu wrote:

>My question is simply why we are getting spams from
>mailman-bounces at doman.name ?

And my question then is are these spams being delivered from your
mailman list to the subscribers of that list or are they just spam
that happens to spoof mailman-bounces at doman.name as the originator.

If they are coming from your mailman list, the Sender: will be
mailman-bounces at doman.name just as any post from any of your lists has
a Sender: of listname-bounces at doman.name so that bounces can be
returned there and processed.

If they are not coming from your list, then Mailman is not involved,
and someone is just spoofing mailman-bounces at doman.name as the
originator.

If your question is why is the mail being shown as

From: mailman-bounces at lists.helixcommunity.org On Behalf Of dacey aseria

instead of just as

From: dacey aseria

see