[Mailman-Users] new users get welcome e-mails but posts aren't going out

Nathan K. Stazewski nstazew1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Jun 13 23:59:00 CEST 2006

I apologize if this is in the archives.  I searched for a while and
couldn't find this issue.  I just did a fresh install of Mailman 2.1.8
on OS X 10.4 (Tiger).  I have it to the point where I can create lists
through the web interface and sign people up for the lists.   When I
subscribe an address to a list (or create a new list) an e-mail is sent
and received by the appropriate parties.  If I post to the listserv,
though, no e-mail ever comes through.  I thought I'd improperly setup
postfix until I noticed the other e-mails were being properly sent.  The
mail server is apparently at least partially working, but I can't get a
post through at all.  I've looked through the smtp and smtp-failure
logs, and don't notice any obvious problems.  Anyone have any educated
guesses as to some places that I should check (I'm not sure if this is a
postfix problem or a mailman problem currently).  I can definitely
provide my current configuration settings if anyone has any ideas, but
I'm not even sure what would be helpful right now.

--
Nate