[Mailman-Users] Aliases not working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 14 00:12:13 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>I have been getting rid of lists lately and I need
>to forward old lists to the new lists. I am using
>mailman 2.1.6 and the forwards are not working.
>I also recently upgraded the OS from Debian to SuSE 10.0.

How are you forwarding? What's not working?

Note that if the new list has require_explicit_destination Yes, you
will probably need to put the old list address in acceptable_aliases
in order for a post to the old list to not be held for implicit
destination by the new list. (These settings are on Privacy
options...->Recipient filters.)