[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman 2.1.4

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 13 19:21:55 CEST 2006

Bob Bergey wrote:

>I have more than a dozen lists running in Mailman 2.1.4 on my Xserve,
>all running fine, except that now on just one list I'm unable to
>access the admin pages. The list is still sending messages okay,
>individual subscribers can access their subscription options,
>archives are fine, etc. -- but I get an error after trying to sign in
>with my admin password. It's processing the admin password, because
>if I intentionally type the wrong one, I get the authorization failed
>message. But if I type the correct password, I get a "Bug in Mailman
>2.1.4" message -- starts out like this:
>
>------------begin copy------------
>
>Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4
>
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a
>copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description
>of what happened. Thanks!
>Traceback:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 200, in main
>     mlist.Save()
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 526, in Save
>     self.__save(dict)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 498, in __save
>     os.unlink(fname_last)
>OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
>'/private/var/mailman/lists/disciples/config.pck.last'
>
>------------end copy------------

Is there a /private/var/mailman/lists/disciples/config.pck.last file?
What are its permissions? Are they the same as
/private/var/mailman/lists/disciples/config.pck? How do these compare
with another list?

Mailman is in the process of saving the list config. It is in the last
step. It has saved the config to config.pck.tmp.host.pid and is trying
to do the equivalent of

rm config.pck.last
mv config.pck config.pck.last
mv config.pck.tmp.host.pid config.pck

and it gets the exception on the first step.

Are there more errors like this in Mailman's error log?