[Mailman-Users] Problems with To Header

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jun 13 04:26:14 CEST 2006

At 1:36 PM -0500 2006-06-12, Joseph Perrie wrote:

>  I thought that Bind allows multiple aliases and CNAMEs for an IP address,
>  but only one reverse lookup.  Are you suggesting I should use multiple IP
>  addresses for the host?

	BIND doesn't care.  The DNS specification allows as many IP
addresses as you want for a given name, and as many reverse records
as you want for each IP address.

	That said, many applications cannot handle more than one reverse
record for a given IP address, but that is the problem of the
application -- BIND doesn't care.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755