[Mailman-Users] newbie: Who is mailman at domain.com

onesir mail mail at onesir.com
Mon Jun 12 18:07:47 CEST 2006

Hi Mark,

Yes.  That solved the problem.  I used cPanel X to create a list
called mailman in mydomain and I now receive messages sent to
mailman at mydomain.com.

This is much more useful then having such messages disappear into a
blackhole.

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

> onesir mail wrote:
>
> >Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >> Yes, that is a problem when several domains share the same Mailman
> >> installation.
> >>
> >> I suggest that you subscribe to the mailman list. The site
> >> administration should allow any domain administrator to subscribe.
> >> That way you will receive messages sent to mailman at mydomain.com,
and
> >> those sent to mailman at the.other.domains,com as well, and you can
> >> filter out the others and see those of interest to you.
> >
> >I have applied to subscribe.  I suspect our list isn't actively
monitored as
> >I haven't heard anything yet (12 hours).  There may well be privacy
issues
> >with receiving mailman messages for other domains (one suspects
that the
> >bulk of the traffic would be complaints).
>

> I had another thought. You said you are on a cPanel installation. See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>
> and understand from that that I may well not know what I'm talking
> about, but cPanel has patched Mailman to support lists of the same
> name in different domains. The site list is quite likely an area that
> is handled differently, but you could try just creating a
> mailman at mydomain.com list (which cPanel will create with an internal
> name of mailman_mydomain.com) and see if it will receive mail sent to
> the mailman at mydomain.com address.
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
> San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B.
Dylan