[Mailman-Users] Members list settings

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Jun 10 02:37:04 CEST 2006

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I prefer however to think in terms of the RFEs on this which ask for
> various things from simply exposing the parameter in the web interface
> to providing a radio button selection (e.g. 20, 50, 100, all) on the
> pages to paginating without regard for the alphabet.

How about chunk size and by-letter or whole-list (to apply the chunk)?
I'm willing to bet that the admin of a 300 member list would like to
display by letter, but set the chuck size huge so they see an entire
letter on one page.

> I like the latter idea which would allow, in the example of chunk size
> = 30, for a list of 31 to 60 members to be displayed in two pages
> rather than 20 or more. This can make it more difficult to find a
> particular member in a large list, but the 'Find member' function is
> probably better for this anyway.

That sounds good to me. In the case of small-ish lists, skimming 2 or
3 pages to find an email address is less likely to annoy than trying
to remember which letter to start with.

z!