[Mailman-Users] Address Does Not Exist

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 02:00:36 CEST 2006

On 6/7/06, McNutt, William R <mcnutt at utk.edu> wrote:

> [...]

Hmm. Further along in the bounce mail, it says that
'cmatsoc at cls.coe.utk.edu' is unknown, although the email was sent to
cmats-oc at . Is this a typo, or is the MTA doing something weird with
hyphens?

Assuming that's just a typo...

Do other lists on this box work? Are you sure the aliases are in the
right place (and are you sure your MTA is configured to make use of
them?)

A bad alias configuration is at the very top of my list for this
issue. There's really no other reason this should be failing, since
Mailman itself cannot generate such an error (as far as I know.)

--
- Patrick Bogen