[Mailman-Users] One Down, one more to go.

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue Jun 6 22:30:00 CEST 2006

ogre at rpg-vault.net wrote:
> However now I have an issue where emailing a list the email you sent to
> the list never goes anywhere. Nothing in the logs. Nothing anywhere.
>
> I know that th3e invites and outbound matters from mailman work perfectly, but
> none of the emails being sent to the mailing list are going anywhere.
> They just seem to disappear and there doesn't seem to be any trace of them
> anywhere or in any logs. I know that email is working on the server.
> Its my primary email server and everyone is receiving email.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

First things first (from the FAQ Wizard):

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=troubleshooting&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search

Once you've gone through that, let us know if you're still having
problems.. but we need to know stuff like:

1) What MTA are you running? Sendmail? Postfix? Exim? What?
2) Are the emails even coming into the server? Have you followed the
Message ID through the logs to see where it stops? Is it being delivered
to Mailman?
3) Relevant snippets of mail log files so we can see what may be going on.

Best,
--Glenn