[Mailman-Users] replace attachment with text

Axel Essbaum axel at essbaum.com
Sat Jun 3 16:27:42 CEST 2006

I am running a Mailman 2.1.7 mailing list and stripping attachments
using the default content type and filename extension settings (the
only change I made from default was to set 'Should Mailman filter...'
to Yes).

Is it possible for me to replace attachments with a simple message
stating that the attachment was stripped?

I am trying to avoid the situation where a user sends a message with
an attachment, the attachment is stripped and the remaining text is
posted, and the sender thinks they forgot to include the attachment
and so they post again (and again...) trying to make their attachment
get through.

Thanks!

--
Axel Essbaum