[Mailman-Users] VERP active where it shouldn't

Marc SCHAEFER schaefer at alphanet.ch
Thu Jun 1 21:09:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am running a Mailman from Debian stable (2.1.5-8sarge2), and I experimented
the following issue:

   - even if disabled in Defaults.py and not enabled in mm_cfg.py,
     VERP seems to be activated from time to time. I am guessing it is
     activated only when something already bounced on a user (?).
     Most mail sent out don't have the VERP (user=host+id) stuff at all
     as Sender:, and when they have something it's a cookie:

   gull-annonces-bounces+4ae5d0b7d6547f114afac76d551c9dfbbc3f212e at lists.alphanet.ch

My questions:

   - is there a `mailman_display_config' command which would return the
     *actually used* mailman configuration (maybe I am looking at the
     wrong config file or Defaults.py file) ?

   - how to disable VERP *completely * ?

In my case, VERP cannot work, because + is *not* used for multi-addresses
recipients.

Excerpt from config:
   grep VERP mm_cfg.py /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py

   VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 0
   VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = No
   VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = No
   VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = No

Thank you for any ideas!

(otherwise thank you for Mailman, which I use since a few years on
lists.alphanet.ch)