[Mailman-Users] Can't run mm_cfg.py

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 1 16:56:54 CEST 2006

Carl Fink wrote:

>I'm unable to configure Mailman, because when I edit and run mm_cfg.py
>("python ./mm_cfg.py") I get this error:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./mm_cfg.py", line 44, in ?
>    from Defaults import *
>ImportError: No module named Defaults

As Christopher said in another reply, you don't run mm_cfg.py, you just
edit it. Mailman modules import it.

However, you may wish to run it just to "error check" it, and the above
should work, i.e.

cd $prefix/Mailman
python ./mm_cfg.py

should be able to import from Defaults, so I don't know what's
happening unless you have a base mm_cfg.py from some packager that
contains things I don't know about.