[Mailman-Users] problem with GID and postfix

Timo Schoeler timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
Thu Jun 1 14:06:32 CEST 2006

hi list,

after hours of searching on the net (finding that the problem is not
unknown, but not yielding a solution for me) and several rebuilds of
mailman (mailman-2.1.8rc1, from NetBSD pkgsrc) i'm stuck.

as advised, i built mailman with --with-mail-gid=nobody (for postfix),
but this leads me to following problem when trying to post to a newly
created (the first, one and only on the machine) list:

Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "nobody", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "nobody", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.

i figure that i need to tell postfix to run

/usr/pkg/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman at riscworks.net

as nobody. can i force postfix to do this?

any hints greatly appreciated - thanks in advance,

Timo Schoeler | http://riscworks.net/~tis | timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
RISCworks -- Perfection is a powerful message
ISP | POWER & PowerPC afficinados | Networking, Security, BSD services
GPG Key fingerprint = C9CA 7A13 4250 44EF CC58  938F AE29 5465 6E09 3093

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.