[Mailman-Users] MTA only for Mailman

Heather Madrone heather at madrone.com
Thu Jul 27 20:02:40 CEST 2006

At 10:58 AM -0600 7/27/06, Ivan Fetch wrote:
>    Is anyone using a light weight MTA to just hand emails off to Mailman
>and deny anything else?

I was using exim for this purpose and now am using postfix.  I can
recommend either, but postfix is superior in every way.

>    I'm looking at Sun Sendmail (I know, it's definitely not light weight)
>to do this, simply because it's already on the boxes in question - I'm
>still sorting out how to get Sendmail to deliver to aliases, but not local
>accounts.

Sendmail is definitely the most difficult MTA to configure and maintain.
You can get postfix downloaded, installed, and running in a fraction of
the time that it will take to get sendmail to do most of what you want to
do.

--
Heather Madrone <heather at madrone.com>
The Home-Ed List:  http://www.madrone.com/Home-ed/helist.html

You can lead a child to learning, but you can't make her think.