[Mailman-Users] Exporting Lists

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Jul 26 18:00:22 CEST 2006

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Aaron Oliver wrote:
> Hopefully someone can help me out.  The list server that is currently in
>use in our organization has completely stopped sending e-mails.  It has been
>restarted several times and will no longer function like it should.

What doesn't work? Does mailman not send the mail to the MTA? Does the MTA
not send the mail out? What do the logs say? (etc etc)

>   I need to export the e-mail lists to move to a more reliable and stable
>system.  However, when I export the file list, it does not match what is
>showing in the web interface.  In fact, the web interface shows about 1000
>more members than the file I exported.
>   Can someone please point me in the right direction to find the proper file.

Moving lists is a FAQ, however you don't need to extract the member list,
you move the list dirs & their .pck file(s). Please check the FAQ.

Is there a reason that you can't fix the original server? that usually
easier than moving lists and getting everyone pointed at a new server.

z!